Exide Technologies Customer Quality Specialist in Kansas City, Missouri
Individual will partner with the Engineering community to solve problems and improve quality. Manage customer complaint actions, returns, and warranty returns. This individual should have a thorough working knowledge of TS16949 Quality System Requirements, OEM expectations, MSA, Statistical Analysis, and the Quality Operating System of manufacturing and distribution.
• Schedule and conduct MSA’s on all testing procedures. Communicate results and work with other facilities to make appropriate corrections until MSA’s are passed.
• Coordination with plant and corporate engineering all capability studies (short term and long term).
• Work with plant quality supervisor to verify that proper testing techniques are complied with – Operators, QA, and Supervisors.
• Responsible for warranty and customer returns being evaluated, documented, and proper corrective action forms are filled out and submitted on time.
• Responsible for the coordination and completion of PPAP parts through the plant process – manufacturing feasibility for supplied components and compliance to Exide procedures for manufactured parts.
• Participation in the APQP process of new product and process development.
o Revisions to Control Plans, Process Flow Diagrams, and current testing techniques
o Participation in PFMEA reviews and development of new testing requirements
o Voice of customer requirements
• Responsible for control plan updates and monitor conformance to all items.
• Shared responsibility with plant process engineering that all PFMEA’s are updated with related documentation.
• Manage all customer complaints and work with QA supervisor and operations to respond and drive corrective actions to closure.
• Coordinate the data collection and report out of all customer required data reports.
• Coordinate the data collection and report out of the Exide PSR (Process Stability Ratio).
• Work with the team on problem solving initiatives and link actions and outcomes to Control Plans, PFMEA’s, plant inspection points, and Customer returns.
• Manage and communicate any changes or replacement of work instructions.
• Coordinate efforts with teams for corrective action resolution on internal KPI’s and external customer issues (assembly plant complaint and warranty initiatives)
• Work within established policies, procedures, practices, and regulations.
• Determine departmental training needs and assist in the development of training documentation.
Educations, Experience, Certifications:
• Minimum of 4 year degree in business, science, engineering or quality.
• Six Sigma training (Green Belt or Black Belt) preferred.
Competencies, Skills, Knowledge
• Proficient in problem solving – root cause analysis, 5 why, etc.
• Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications
• Must be quality and customer oriented
• Knowledgeable in ISO / TS16949 quality standards; APQP methodology; Control Plans, FMEAs, and PPAPs
• Knowledgeable in Six-Sigma and Lean tools
• Familiarity with Quality Operating Systems
• Must be able to work independently and in a team-oriented environment on multiple projects
• Strong skills in statistical methods
• Strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong computer skills -Windows-based programs and Minitab
• 5-8 years related experience as a quality assurance technician / auditor in a manufacturing plant level, preferably a tier I supplier to the automotive industry.
TRAVEL, ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Travel Expectations: ≤ 10%
Exide Technologies is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Exide Technologies (www.exide.com) is a global provider of stored electrical-energy solutions for the transportation and industrial markets. Exide’s 130 years of technology innovation combined with operations in more than 80 countries enables the company to deliver compelling solutions for the world’s current and future power needs. Exide produces and recycles a broad range of products, serving the Transportation, Industrial Network Power and Motive Power market segments with battery and energy storage systems and specialty applications for a broad range of industries including: agricultural, automotive, electric, light and heavy-duty truck, marine, materials handling, military, mining, powersport, railroad, security, telecommunications, utility and uninterruptible power supply (UPS), among others. Exide is Powering the World Forward - history and scale combined with a start-up mentality make Exide the right choice for customers who want more than simply a battery supplier.
Requisition ID 2018-1870
Position Type Regular Full-Time