Exide Technologies Janitor- Plant in Kansas City, Missouri
Responsible for custodial upkeep of facility and the labeling and disposal of hazardous materials.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Follow all established standard procedures for proper cleaning and other housekeeping issues throughout the plant
• Properly use all cleaning equipment and materials
• Remove full hazardous waste bags from hazardous waste bins, and replace with empty bags, located throughout the facility at the end of each work shift, (more often as necessary)
• Tightly close and label all bags with required hazardous waste labels, and dispose in hazardous waste roll off located outside the tray plant.
• Perform appropriate housekeeping tasks as needed
• Participate in training and development programs including all areas of environmental, health and safety issues, especially those dealing with proper handling of hazardous materials and hazardous waste.
• Position requires handling scrap materials and disposable protective clothing containing lead which requires proper disposal as a hazardous waste.
• Performs other responsibilities and duties assigned by supervisor
• Handles and manages hazardous waste
• May participate in emergency in minor cleanups and spills
• May sign manifests for shipment of hazardous waste off-site
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• High school graduate or GED equivalent
• Basic math, reading, and writing skills
• Must be able to operate a forklift and other electrical motorized equipment
• Moderate to heavy lifting
• Good work record, attendance, and possess good communication skills
• Must be available to work overtime
PHYSICIAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Able to see, hear and speak; able to sit, stand for at least two hours at a time, sit, bend, craw, squat, kneel and climb able to use both arms and hands to use a computer and peripherals and lift 40 pounds from floor level, able to work below ground level in confined spaces and on stationary or mobile elevated platforms, able to wear respirator and other PPE as required, able to climb stairs. Able to work extended shifts and weekends as needed.
WORK ENVIRONMENT Able to work inside or outside the plant environment and in all climate conditions. Exposed to lead, fumes, chemicals, operating equipment, and vehicles.
Exide Technologies provides a Drug-Free Workplace and is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. EOE M/F/D/V/SO
Exide Technologies is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Exide Technologies (www.exide.com) is a global provider of stored electrical-energy solutions for the transportation and industrial markets. Exide’s 130 years of technology innovation combined with operations in more than 80 countries enables the company to deliver compelling solutions for the world’s current and future power needs. Exide produces and recycles a broad range of products, serving the Transportation, Industrial Network Power and Motive Power market segments with battery and energy storage systems and specialty applications for a broad range of industries including: agricultural, automotive, electric, light and heavy-duty truck, marine, materials handling, military, mining, powersport, railroad, security, telecommunications, utility and uninterruptible power supply (UPS), among others. Exide is Powering the World Forward - history and scale combined with a start-up mentality make Exide the right choice for customers who want more than simply a battery supplier.
Requisition ID 2018-1901
Category Manufacturing - Operations and Maintenance
Position Type Regular Full-Time