Exide Technologies Customer Quality Coordinator in Milton, Georgia
Individual will lead the warranty claim process for the America’s Industrial and Transportation product lines. The individual will be responsible for evaluating the merits of warranty claims and providing final approval/denial, based on input from Engineering, Sales and Quality. The role will manage the warranty claims database, providing detailed, monthly reporting to the Finance and Quality teams. Individual will also execute the transition of warranty claims submissions from the manual submission process to the automated Service Max/SalesForce submission process. Additionally, this individual will support all warranty-related, process improvement, quality initiatives.
Initial focus areas will include: supporting the Customer Quality Manager with warranty claim validation, data collection and trend analysis; as well as, Customer quality integration and IT system coordination. Individual must have a thorough working knowledge of quality systems and battery manufacturing processes and battery designs. This position will have several, internal touch points; including Engineering, Customer Service and the Industrial Service teams. The role is located in Milton, GA.
• Serve as the subject matter expert on ALL Industrial warranty claims, submitted through Service Max and manually, to the America’s Quality team for improved customer experience. Responsible for evaluating the merits of warranty claims and providing final approval/denial, based on input from Engineering, Sales and Quality.
a. Evaluates product warranty eligibility requests, based on Months-In-Service and/or customer application; following the Warranty Policy Work Instruction
b. Manages the parts remediation process (ordering, tracking, etc.) to address product quality concerns
c. Directs Agent, Branches and/or Sales on how to properly disposition products (return for Tear Down analysis, send to smelter, etc.)
• Manage Agent’s manual warranty claim conversion to Service Max/Salesforce tool
• Manage the process flow of incoming customer quality concerns through the online, Corrective Action Request (CAR) system; from initial request to final closure
• Transition the warranty administration responsibilities for the Transportation business, once properly defined by the Director of Premier Customer Experience - Transportation
• Enforce adherence to automated Service Max/Salesforce process for warranty claim submissions
• Support transition of warranty claim submission process from manual spreadsheets to automated Service Max/Salesforce process
• Support warranty-related, continuous improvement quality initiatives in Service Max
• Support the aggregation of monthly, Plant compliance data for Quality team processing and reporting
• Support warranty trend analysis, assisting in driving resolution of the top warranty drivers with key stakeholders in engineering, manufacturing, and within the supply base
Education, Experience, Certifications:
• Minimum of 2 year associates degree
• 2+ years related experience in warranty claim management and processing
Competencies, Skills, Knowledge:
• Proficient in spreadsheets, Quality software/data analysis tools
• Impeccable written communication and organizational skills
• High energy level and ability to interface at all levels across the business
• Ability to work independently
• Highest ethical standards and practices
Travel, additional requirements:
• Travel Expectations: 0%
Exide Technologies is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Exide Technologies (www.exide.com) is a global provider of stored electrical-energy solutions for the transportation and industrial markets. Exide’s 130 years of technology innovation combined with operations in more than 80 countries enables the company to deliver compelling solutions for the world’s current and future power needs. Exide produces and recycles a broad range of products, serving the Transportation, Industrial Network Power and Motive Power market segments with battery and energy storage systems and specialty applications for a broad range of industries including: agricultural, automotive, electric, light and heavy-duty truck, marine, materials handling, military, mining, powersport, railroad, security, telecommunications, utility and uninterruptible power supply (UPS), among others. Exide is Powering the World Forward - history and scale combined with a start-up mentality make Exide the right choice for customers who want more than simply a battery supplier.
Requisition ID 2018-1860
Position Type Regular Full-Time